Monday 21 March 2011

CHARITY WEEKEND


I am delighted to have been able to raise money for charity this past weekend. On Friday I raised £100 for Comic relief by auctioning my 'Ophelia' headband. On Saturday I attended the annual Butterfly Ball at Ayr racecourse. Lorna Dempsey, the lady behind butterfly events set up the charity to raise money for Cancer Research UK after losing a dear friend to breast cancer. In the 5 years butterfly events has been running Lorna has raised a staggering £148,000, including the amazing £13,000 total from Saturday. I was so chuffed that my 'Elliotte' necklace (above) achieved a winning bid of £240.00 going directly towards the total. Next years butterfly ball will take place in March 2012, if you are interested in taking a table or donating auction or raffle prizes please contact Lorna direct. Every little helps and I am sure you will agree that this is a very worthwhile cause. Thanks to everyone who helped me do my bit.

Corrine x


No comments:

Post a Comment